Saturday, October 22, 2011

Absent much??

I hate that I haven't been able to keep up with this thing lately, but my weeks have been exhausting. I went from going to classes twice a week and doing nothing else the rest of the week to leaving in the mornings and not getting home til early evening every day! I have a few looks lined up that I will do this week - they're all celebrity inspired. But for now, here's some pictures and updates on what I've been doing:

First up, I've been going to my mom's co-worker's house in the afternoons to play with her German Shepherd, Scout. She is just the sweetest dog ever! I've always had a love for GS's - my dog is half GS - so spending the past two weeks with her has been great. She's so energetic and always wants to play, if I had arms of steel and could throw the ball for hours she would go for hours! Here's a couple pictures and a video. I recorded the video to send to someone, that's why I said what I said.

The pool is her water bowl. She REFUSES to drink out of a bowl! 


On a sad note, we took our beautiful loving cat to the vet last week and, to our disappointment, found out she has lymphoma (a type of cancer). It's around the lymph nodes in her chin area. She has been breathing more heavily and snoring lately and we were told it's because the nodes are swelling and starting to hit her trachea. My mom has decided to keep her around until she isn't comfortable anymore, then we'll have to put her down. It's been a year since we had to put our last cat down. Pets are a blessing, but they become such an important part of the family it's like putting a brother or sister to sleep. It was so hard for me putting down our last one, I told my mom I didn't know if I could go with her if we had to put Princess down. I have since changed my mind after she told me we're doing it for the cat, and she want's her last memories to be of us with her, loving on her. All we can do now is love on her and just know that she's had a long life full of love (the vet said she's outlived about 90% of cats - she's 15). The day after we took her to the vet, we put out a little headstone for our two cats that we buried beyond our fence line in the backyard. Surprisingly we got this one from ACE Hardware Store for pretty cheap.
Princess has found a new favorite spot - laundry basket in my bathroom :)

Geez just writing about that gets me teary eyed. Moving on. Last weekend, for work, I went to Atlanta with my boss to the AmericasMart Atlanta Apparel Show. Basically it's a big building with 12-13 floors of clothing, shoes, jewelry and handbags. In other words, HEAVEN! We were shopping for at least 15 hours that weekend and I'm pretty sure I tried on more shoes that weekend than I have in my 21 years of living! We were able to get a lot of super cute shoes and accessories and handbags! I'm so excited for the store to open - I already have my shoes and jewelry picked out (ones we got from the show lol) for the grand opening, now all I need is to find a dress! Here are some pictures from the event.
On the main floor there was a fashion show. Some of the individual stores had their own fashion shows 

This is just a third of it. Plus there were show rooms behind the stores you see. It was overwhelming, but amazing.

{Image courtesy of jposhoes.com}
These are the shoes I plan to wear! I'm wearing a super cute zebra blinged out bangle and matching pendant necklace. I will post pictures when we receive everything and the night of the event.

This was on the way home - the sky was beautiful that evening.

Aaaand what I got to come home to :)


No comments:

Post a Comment