Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guava Cupcakessss

While living in Miami, I got to experience a wonderfully amazing dessert - a Guava cupcake. It actually wasn't from a fancy-schmancy bakery, but from a pet-grooming place! That cupcake was probably the BEST I had ever had. Today I decided to attempt making my own. It didn't come out as delicious, but it wasn't too bad. The ingredients I used were completely different from the one I had in Miami. I'm sure the girl made her buttery vanilla batter from scratch - my mom only had chocolate cake mix from a box. I don't think she used a cream cheese frosting like I did, probably a buttercream. And I'm almost positive she used a guava paste - I used guava jelly. But here's what I did :

Obviously these are my ingredients - aside from eggs, water and vegetable oil.

I had to use a mixer to mix everything - normally the box says to mix by hand! I've found that using an ice cream scoop is a faster way of getting the batter into the cups.

Oh, and using a rubber flexible spatula is great for getting the batter off the bottom and sides of the bowl. I then baked according to the directions on the box.

After the cupcakes cooled, I used a paring knife to cut a square into the top of the cupcake. I then scooped out a little of the inside for the guava jelly. I put some jelly in a plastic bag, snipped off the corner and filled the cupcake. 

I did the same thing with the frosting in the plastic bag and got to frosting.

I ended up filling about half with guava and left the others plain. My mom will be taking the majority of these to work so I spread a little guava on top of the cupcakes without guava in the center. 
Hope you enjoyed :)

4 comments:

  1. I love Betty Crocker. Never had guava cup cakes before but by the look of it, they must be delicious!

    www.mayasvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! I haven't made cupcakes in FOREVER! Thanks for reminding me ;)

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were very good! A must have!

    ReplyDelete