Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm CURSED I Tell You!!

I come to you tonight, or today - wherever you may be, with a blog post that I just could not wait to write. The reason?

I am one of the girls that has been cursed with small feet...And I think inserts will be my new best friend.

Now, I have always been annoyed with shoe stores NEVER having my size (I'm a 5 but I can never wear size 5 heels without straps or my foot will slide out) and I've pretty much gotten used to it. I rarely buy shoes anymore because of that! But now that I'm helping open a shoe boutique, I thought I could take advantage of the situation just a little and push the boss to get a couple of shoes my size. Well that worked perfectly. Today I was looking at one of the companies invoices. I noticed they had the wrong size run down - they had it starting at size 6. I called and they told me they must have ran out of the 'A' run (typically starts with size 5 or 5.5 and runs up to 9) so they shipped us the 'B' (typically starts at size 6 and runs up to 10). It was the shoe that I was hoping to wear to the grand opening of the store. Doesn't that always happen? To me it does. Normally I don't get upset about this, but today I was pretty miffed. So about an hour ago I was laying in bed, ready to go to sleep and I randomly thought to search for the shoe online. And by golly I found a 5.5! The 5.5 will be a tad big on me, but there's inserts for that..

I stumbled upon these sold at Nordstrom's, they are $25 - I'm afraid to see how much with shipping! One of the reviews on the product sounded like my situation, and she claims they work superb. Nordstrom's inserts look padded therefore I think they would work better than the toe and heel gel inserts I found on Aldo's website. Those are between $5-6.
Another thing I think would work, but my mom insists it wouldn't, is stuffing something into the toe of the shoe - like a soft piece of foam. Any thoughts on that?
Sorry I rambled so much about the darn shoes, I should be used to all that by now, but when you're really looking forward to something like that you can't help but get a little ticked off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment