Friday, September 2, 2011

GO TEAM!

It's that time of year! Football season has arrived and I think repping your school through makeup is a great way to show school spirit, even if it's in a subtle way! That's what this post is about. My school's colors are Garnet and Gold, so I did a couple subtle looks using those two colors. Because these looks are subtle, they are great to wear to a football game, or any other sport you like to attend!
For the first look I used a Bare Minerals Shadow in "True Gold" on my lid, and the burgundy color from the CoverGirl "Drama Eyes" quad in the outer corner/crease. I also used the ELF Clear Mascara





Super simple! This next look is the one I prefer to wear. It's just using the "True Gold" to line my lower lash line and the Burgundy color to line my upper lash line. I used the clear mascara as well in this look. You may need to click on the picture to make it bigger to actually see the colors, it's very subtle. (Sorry for the red blotch, I had tweezed my brows a couple hours prior to doing this and the bump still hadn't gone away! Grr)

Another way to rep your school is to paint your nails with your school colors! Our first football game is tomorrow, Saturday, so today I painted my nails garnet and my ring fingers gold! The colors I used are Essie's Wrapped In Rubies and Shifting Power

Obviously you don't have to use your school colors, you can do this for any team you represent! So go out there and show your team spirit!!

3 comments:

  1. that make up look is so pretty :)
    i like ur blog, i'm following u, follow back?

    http://canbernard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, the colours are great. My uni's colours are blue and yellow so not too nice to wear unless it's my hoodie haha.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Haha yeah, but you could put the colors on your nails!

    ReplyDelete