Monday, September 19, 2011

Mermaids Tale

My weekend at the beach was super fun! Probably more so for my puppy dog. Saturday we took him to the beach and, nervously, let him off leash for the first time ever. He had a BLAST chasing the waves and birds and rolling in the sand. Needless to say, he spent the rest of the day and night in bed, not getting up once!  Sunday he went out on the boat, another first for the pup (he's not really a pup, he's about 7 years old). He seemed to enjoy it, even though he stayed in the boat the whole time. We went scalloping for about 4 hours and decided against going to an island where we could all get out and relax, which he would've loved. Here are a couple pictures of his big weekend:

{He loooved the freedom!}

{He's a water dog}

{My mom, a nervous looking pup named Bosco, and I}

Now for the makeup look. While scalloping we found a hair grown into one of the scallops we picked up. Immediately my mom joked saying "Maybe it's a mermaid's hair!" That got me thinking, maybe I should do a mermaid-ish look! So this is what I came up with:
I first applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Horse Raddish all over my lid. I used all Bare Minerals eyeshadows - I first put Mermaid all over my lid and into the crease. Then I put In The Buff only on the lid. Next I put Azure on my lower and upper lash line. Last for the eyeshadows I put Well Rested as a highlight  and a little on the inner corner. I also used Almays One Coat Dial-Up Mascara.

{Mermaid (L), In The Buff}
{Azure (L), Well Rested}


No comments:

Post a Comment